Sunday, 19 June 2011

In the Kitchen with Suzanne

Good Life readers should get used to this name who will surely become a regular on this blog. Introducing our kitchen expert, Suzanne Crozier:

My name is Suzanne Crozier, I studied B.Consumer sci:  Hospitality Management(Hons) at the University of Pretoria.  Currently I’m the head pastry chef and manager of a little artesian bakery in Pretoria, Rietondale area.  In my free time I design and bake wedding and Birthday cakes.  I’m also currently freelancing for the food section of a national magazine, and busy with a 2nd book.

Where did your passion for cooking start?

I grew up in a home where food was a very big integral part of our family life.  Every meal was an adventure, and we were never too scared to try something new, even if we may fail.  I was baking from a very young age.  My parents always supported me, even if I covered the WHOLE kitchen table with flour for my Christmas cookies.

What does a chef like you eat after a long day at work?

After a 10 – 15 hour shift my favourite thing to eat is either a big bowl of salad (then I just threw everything I can get my hands on in there – cooked butternut, left over chicken, nuts) or in winter time soup (favourites are butternut, my dad’s veggie soup, or my new favourite chickpea and coriander soup) with baguette that I bought at my Bakery.

Ingredient you cannot cook without?

Onions, cream, butter and nutmeg


You can contact me at:

Cell: 079 936 8777
Email: suzacrozier@gmail.com
Facebook:  18th ave Bakery CafĂ©  -  http://www.facebook.com/pages/18th-ave-Bakery-Cafe/114059135318756


Read her first post about the handling and cooking if eggs in the posts below and follow this blog and our Good Life Facebook page over the next few days for some amazing recipes and egg ideas!


1 comment:

  1. Someone who is a pastry chef???? Good contact to have!

    ReplyDelete