Monday, 03 October 2011

Help a New Breastfeeding Initiative


 As our Mommy Monday readers have probably gathered, here at the Good Life we support breastfeeding 101%. In our continued effort to promote, protect and support breastfeeding, we bring you an exciting new initiative stared by dietitian Nazeeia Sayed.


Dear colleagues and friends,

The recent excitement around the breastfeeding summit in South Africa has spurred me to action!

It started with 2 photographs
During the 2010 SA nutrition congress, a colleague and I had a presentation on infant feeding messages and the media.   At the end of the presentation, we used 2 photos of us breastfeeding our children. I was very surprised by the personal questions and reaction that these photographs initiated.  

And then I wondered - wouldn't it be great to get these similar conversations started in the broader public arena?  And wouldn't it also be great if we as nutrition/dietetic health care professionals could show our support and share our personal experiences of breastfeeding with others?



The idea

Sparked by my fellow colleagues, I am initiating a breastfeeding photo book (in my personal capacity). I will seek sponsorship for the printing and marketing of the publication once I gauge your response.  


How you can help 

Please email me good quality photo/s of you breastfeeding your child, and one of you with your child at current age, as well as your story of your breastfeeding experience.   (Word document, Arial font 12, single spacing, and max 1 page)

Deadline for submission: Friday 28th October 2011

You can email me at my work email: nazeeia.sayed@unilever.com

I will contact you again once I start sifting through the info received and start organising the material.  I am looking forward to your contributions!


Kind regards,
Nazeeia Sayed RD (SA)

No comments:

Post a Comment